From the dress to the guest list, we’ve got it all!
Wedding Gown – Who designed the dress?
Prince William & Kate (Engagement Portrait by Mario Testino)
Details regarding Kate Middleton’s wedding gown have been kept a secret, as she has vowed not to reveal any details until she is seen at the ceremony. However, London’s Daily Mail reported some details of the design early Monday morning.
The fashion savvy Kate Middleton will wear a dress which she designed herself!
The design is rumored to be reminiscent of the Renaissance period, taking inspiration from Middleton’s History of Art degree.
It has been reported that the bride has designed an ivory gown with satin and lace detail, a pearl button back and 10-foot train. The dress will also include what is described as a “nod” to the Emanuel wedding gown worn by Princess Diana.
34-year-old designer Sophie Cranston, of the low-key label Libelula, was tipped as the creator of Middleton’s dream design.
Guest List – What celebrities will be there?
The royal family has just released the invite list with some expected, and some rather surprising, names. President Obama and First Lady Michelle did not make the cut of 1,900 lucky guests. Of the 1,900 guests, only 600 have been invited to the lunchtime reception at Buckingham Palace given by Queen Elizabeth. Furthermore, only 300 have been invited to the dinner at Buckingham Palace given by Prince Charles.
The list totals 1,000 friends and family members, 52 members of the royal family, 46 members of foreign royal families and 80 guests from Prince William’s charities.
- Sir Elton John: A favorite of the royal family and memorable performer of “Candle in the Wind” at the funeral of Princess Diana.
- David and Victoria Beckham: As president of the U.K.’s Football Association, Prince William has become close friends with the Beckhams. Additionally, Victoria Beckham, the former Posh Spice, is one of Kate Middleton’s favorite designers.
- Rowan “Mr. Bean” Atkinson: The actor is a close friend of Prince Charles. Perhaps if things start dragging at the ceremony, Mr. Bean can lighten the mood.
- Guy Ritchie: The film maker and former spouse of Madonna is a friend of Prince William and Kate.
- Joss Stone: This soul-singer is a longtime friend of William and Harry, and even performed at the 2007 Concert for Diana and 2008 City Salute.
It is also rumored that Kanye West has received an invitation.
The royal wedding will take place April 29 at Westminster Abbey.
Check back for more royal wedding updates! And if you live for fashion and politics, check out my articles on First Lady Style at FashionablyCorrect.com.